Client is to establish an exciting business to build and operate a vertically integrated cannabis business on Shinnecock Territory in Southampton, NY. The parent company is managing the buildout of facilities, to include overseeing the design and construction, and is providing capital and a full suite of operational, management and other support services.
With the dispensary opening this spring, we are seeking a Patient Services Advocate (Budtender -Sales Associate) The Patient Services Advocate (PSA) has a very important role as the most prominent customer-facing position in the entire company. The PSA directly impacts the experience of our customers, providing them with education and top-notch customer service. More than cashiers, they must be able to educate and build relationships with our customers and take all necessary steps to enhance the experience of every customer. A successful PSA must be friendly, professional, responsible, well-spoken individual. The role requires an enthusiastic people-person that is eager to learn and passionate about cannabis. Successful PSAs must be able to multi-task in a face-paced, high-volume, constantly changing environment while ensuring that all transactions and store relations remain compliant with all local, state, tribal regulations. The position requires constant customer interaction, problem-solving, and efficient communication in a highly regulated environment.
Position Title: PSA
Position Type: Full Time- Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Required Hours: 40 hours.
Reimbursable Expenses: All expenses must be pre-approved & documented.
Reporting Location: Onsite Shinnecock Territory, Southampton, NY
Direct Manager: Assistant Retail Manager
Direct Reports: No
• Resolve customer conflict with a calm and professional demeanor
• Communicate with Sales Floor Lead and Manager when product is running low so that it can be restocked accordingly
• Work with others to create a positive environment for our patients and customers
• Work individually and with a team supporting others to reach sales goals
Quality & Financial
• Maintain cleanliness of parking lot, front desk, and lobby area
• Manage customer flow from the reception area to the salesfloor
• Greet and bid farewell to all customers that enter and exit the dispensary
• Answer store phones and provide knowledgeable information to customers
• Perform opening duties and end of the day side work
• Up-sell complimentary products or promote specials
• Educate customers about products and services. Help them navigate multiple options based on their individual needs and desires
• Accurately process sales through our point-of-sale system and the state tracking system
People & Development
• Continue education of marijuana strains, products, and the industry during downtime
• Provide knowledgeable, speedy, friendly service to all customers and patients
• Assist in on-boarding and training of new employees
• Communicate efficiently with management and coworkers
• Check medical paperwork and proper identification thoroughly and accurately
• Stay up to date on and maintain compliance with all local, state, tribal, and federal regulations
• File and organize customer information and patient documents
• Maintain 100% compliance with all local, state, tribal, and federal regulations in a highly regulated, constantly changing environment
• Handle large amounts of cash without error
• Help new customers fill out and sign medical agreements provided by the state and company ensuring all
information is entered correctly and completely
• Align with the Shinnecock Nation culture as follows:
o Teach and promote spirituality, respect, responsibility, integrity, and unity in order to promote and ensure the health, well-being, and safety of individuals, community, and the Shinnecock Nation.
o Preserve and promote Shinnecock sovereignty and freedom of self-determination in order to advance the common good of the people and Nation.
o Restore, maintain, and foster Shinnecock Culture, values, traditions, and human rights.
o Conserve, manage, and utilize tribal lands, natural and cultural resources in a sustainably appropriate manner while balancing our economic growth and community needs.
This location practices Indian Preference in hiring, preference given to a member of the Shinnecock Indian Nation, or other Native Americans
• Functional Acumen: Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
• Emotional Intelligence: Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
• Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
• Collaborate: Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
• Dependable: Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
• Upholds Company Values: Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task (agile)
• Work well under pressure
• Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
• Ability to work individually and collaboratively
• Strong desire to learn and accept challenges
• Adaptable to an ever-changing industry
• Dependable, honest, and trustworthy
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Previous retail experience and/or customer service experience required
• Previous experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment preferred
• Demonstrable experience using software for Office and POS
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to work 8-12 hour days, weekends, nights, and holidays